Last night, I went to Cuppies & Joe to watch my friend Talitha sing. She recorded a CD a couple of years ago, and she’s awesome. She’s got a fantastic voice, and she writes songs and plays guitar. Our friend Tracy and her husband Matt were also there. We are so excited that Talitha is getting her music out.
Wow! Two theme posts in one day? Crazy, huh?! I was checking out Beth’s blog that I found after she found me at Kelly’s Korner and I saw her Fill In The Blank Friday from Lauren’s blog! I thought it looked like fun, so here’s my Fill In The Blank Friday!
1. Today I am wearing a cute black top, my gray ruffled cardigan thingy, my new awesome jeans, and my black boots!
2. My favorite childhood food was macaroni and cheese and my favorite food now is chocolate and Mexican food (not together!).
3. A day that I am too busy to talk to my Momma at least a couple of times is a day that I am too busy.
4. The last movie I saw was “Dear John” for Jessica’ s birthday and the next movie I want to see is “The Last Song” hopefully with Tracy in the next few weeks. Can you tell I love Nicholas Sparks?!
5. My favorite smell is my parents’ house when my Momma is making candles because her candles are amazing, and the mixture of scents in the house is sooo good!
6. A weird little quirk I have is I always have to put salt on my food before pepper. I’ve very OCD about that. If I don’t, I think it doesn’t taste right. I know it’s all in my head, but it’s something I have to do!
7. When I take personality quizzes, they always say I’m friendly but shy, which is pretty true!
This is my first post for Kelly’s Show Us Your Life Friday. This week’s theme is Mission Trips. I decided to post pictures from my sophomore year Spring Break trip to Childhaven, a children’s home in Cullman, Alabama. Childhaven had children of all ages, as well as a program for teenage mothers. The year I went was my bible study group’s second year to go. My group went to help do yardwork, paint the cottages, and do other repairs on the grounds. During the trip, I worked probably harder than I’ve ever worked in my life, but had the most amazing experience.
The “Big House”- the Childhaven offices were in this building, as well as the room we had dinner in ever night.
Part of our group, the ones who actually got out of bed to go to the devo by the pond on our last morning at Childhaven.
Our first night, there was a tornado. We all piled in the basement of the big house until the storm passed. To pass the time, our group did what we did anytime we had free time-started singing! The kids looked at us a little funny at first, but eventually joined in.
The first picture is Kayla & Dan,
When we made it to the back of the cave, we turned out all of our flashlights and started singing. It sounded so amazing! We sang for about an hour. Spending time as a group praising God in total darkness was so incredible, and something I will never forget!
Next week is my birthday, and I have a full week off of work. I’m going home for most of the week, but instead of just sitting around doing nothing, I’ve decided that I’m going to take some of these…
Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town